The Stone Man Process: Assembling a Retaining Wall in Your Charlotte Backyard
The construction of retaining walls is not always straightforward. It combines an expertise in architecture, an understanding of the forces of nature, and a little (or a lot) of knowledge about stone. The Stone Man knows how to blend all of these to ensure the end result for your Charlotte, NC, property was exactly what you were hoping for.
Each property we visit in Charlotte and the surrounding areas is a bit different from one another. On the whole though, these are the main considerations when it comes to creating a retaining wall.
- Soil Characteristics: Soil composition is crucial. Different types of soil have varying drainage capacities and stability levels, which can impact the construction of the retaining wall. Charlotte has a variety but clay is often one of the most common.
- Topography and slope: Analyzing the backyard for its distinct slope and natural features is important. The placement of a retaining wall should always complement what already exists.
- Functionality: While we obviously want your retaining wall to be the most talked about on the block, we also want it to actually serve a purpose.
- Homeowner preferences: The Stone Man will always offer our expert advice but we also value what you have to say. We make sure that our preference aligns with yours.
- Drainage: This is absolutely essential when it comes to designing a premium retaining wall. The last thing we want is water accumulation so water runoff patterns and designing effective drainage systems is top of mind for.